Eat Create Sleep
Based in Visby, Gotland
Steam (Early Access)
|Final price: $15, currently $10.99|
Crest is the only literal god game, where you write commandments to interact with your followers. But since they have a free will, they won't always listen to you. Build up your following and guide your people towards survival!
A god game where emphasis should be put on parenthood rather than omnipotent dictatorship. The player will not be told what is right or wrong, there will just be many paths which to choose from. Paths that lead to another history for your followers and more ways of expressing yourself through them and the world they shape. At the end of the day you might have changed yourself as well, at least in the eyes of your followers.
- Explore the high-concept of religion by building your own
- Interact with your followers by issuing commandments using a pictographic language
- Progress by unlocking new words, slowly increasing the complexity of your commandments
- Observe how your followers evolve as a result of your decisions
- Micromanage a world where weather, vegetation, mineral deposits, drought and animal behavior will create surprises
- Express yourself in a game without end-goal nor winning condition, allowing you to purely focus on building your legacy in a world where you are the god of everyone
Crest - Community Update Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Crest’s ambition is a good and interesting one: to create a systemic god-game around manipulating an AI’s programmatic grammar, and it did give me two procedural stories I am glad to have had."
- Marsh Davies, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Its indirect nature, consistent challenge and the ever-present threat of failure make Crest a truly a unique game."
- Kyle Johnson, PixelJudges
- "Unlike in typical God sims, Crest only lets players believe they are the ones in control. The reality of their omnipotence, or lack thereof, adds depth to this low-poly experience."
- Joanna Mueller, Cliqist
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Eat Create Sleep allows for the contents of Crest to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Crest is legally & explicitly allowed by Eat Create Sleep. This permission can be found in writing at http://presskit.eatcreatesleep.net/sheet.php?p=crest.
Let's Player Media Kit
Download kit at cloud.zguyserver.nu.
About Eat Create Sleep
Eat Create Sleep is an indie game studio situated in the medieval town of Visby, Sweden. Our focus is on innovative gameplay experiences with a lot of heart and meaningful themes. We ask tough questions with our games and let the player explore the answers.
More information on Eat Create Sleep, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art Director, CEO
Lead Programmer, CTO
Former employees who worked on Crest
Lead Designer, Programmer
Intern Graphic Artist