Eat Create Sleep
Based in Visby, Gotland
8th March 2018
Steam (Early Access)
|$9.99 / 9.89€ / £6.99|
Become a god in this indirect god sim. Influence and try to control your followers using commandments but beware, free will leaves these open to interpretation. Will you create a flourishing civilization or lead them into cannibalism?
Crest takes place in a stylised Sub-Saharan landscape and explores concepts of human behaviour, religion and nature. It adds to the traditional god game genre with an indirect influence mechanic which produces uncertain outcomes. Observe how AI behaviour evolves as a result of your decisions which affect the interdependent circle of humans, animals and nature. Micromanage the world, progress by unlocking new words and interact with and lead your people by issuing commandments.
- Explore the high-concept of religion by building your own
- Interact with your followers by issuing commandments using a pictographic language
- Progress by unlocking new words, slowly increasing the complexity of your commandments
- Observe how your followers evolve as a result of your decisions
- Micromanage a world where weather, vegetation, mineral deposits, drought and animal behavior will create surprises
- Express yourself in a game without end-goal nor winning condition, allowing you to purely focus on building your legacy in a world where you are the god of everyone
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Crest. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "Crest’s ambition is a good and interesting one: to create a systemic god-game around manipulating an AI’s programmatic grammar, and it did give me two procedural stories I am glad to have had."
- Marsh Davies, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Its indirect nature, consistent challenge and the ever-present threat of failure make Crest a truly a unique game."
- Kyle Johnson, PixelJudges
- "Unlike in typical God sims, Crest only lets players believe they are the ones in control. The reality of their omnipotence, or lack thereof, adds depth to this low-poly experience."
- Joanna Mueller, Cliqist
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Eat Create Sleep allows for the contents of Crest to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Crest is legally & explicitly allowed by Eat Create Sleep. This permission can be found in writing at http://presskit.eatcreatesleep.net/sheet.php?p=crest.
Eat Create Sleep Blog
Read more information on the history and development of Crest at tumblr.com.
About Eat Create Sleep
Eat Create Sleep is an indie game studio situated in the medieval town of Visby, Sweden. Our focus is on innovative gameplay experiences with a lot of heart and meaningful themes. We ask tough questions with our games and let the player explore the answers.
More information on Eat Create Sleep, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art Director, CEO
Lead Programmer, CTO
Former employees who worked on Crest
Lead Designer, Programmer
Intern Graphic Artist